What is IMPACT? IMPACT is a program of CCC designed to provide a simple pathway for men and women in our church to be trained toward leadership in the congregation.
Who should participate? IMPACT is not merely for those who desire to serve as pastors, but for all those within our church body who desire to learn more about leadership and to serve as leaders in the church at various levels and in various ministries. These may include deacons, Life Group leaders, Women’s Ministries leaders, Children’s or Student Ministries leaders, or various other roles. Ideally, IMPACT is for those who are members of CCC or those who are interested in becoming members (as membership is a requirement for most levels of leadership in the congregation).
How is IMPACT set up? IMPACT is designed to be completed over the course of a single school year (9 months), with men or women ultimately entering into leadership roles within the church at the conclusion of the program. The IMPACT program is comprised of a few different elements:
- Participation in three courses that will cover core topics (more specifics are listed below). These courses will be offered on a recurring annual basis, typically being offered on Wednesday evenings, but also potentially being offered on weekends.
- Completion of basic assignments associated with each of the courses (reading two short books and writing three short papers to help process/internalize the material).
- Service in a ministry of CCC under the oversight of a supervisor, ideally in the domain in which the participant is interested in serving as a leader.
- More specific & thorough training for the domain of ministry that is desired (after the three courses and assignments have been completed).
Gospel Centrality: What is the gospel, and why is it central to our church and to any Christian leadership?
- Length: 4-5 weeks of class on Wednesday evenings (we may offer this course over a single weekend)
- Corresponding Assignments: Read Living the Cross-Centered Life by C.J. Mahaney & write a two-page paper answering the question, “Why is it important to keep the gospel at the core of Christian leadership?” to be discussed with your ministry supervisor.
Biblical Leadership Values: Biblical values ought to have a significant impact upon the way that Christians leaders function. These values include humility, generosity, joy, gratitude, encouragement, honor, grace-motivation, others-orientation, and love.
- Length: 9 weeks of class on Wednesday evenings (we may offer this course over a span of two weekends)
- Corresponding Assignment: Write a two-page paper in which you choose two of these biblical values and answer the question, “How should these values impact Christian leadership, practically speaking?”
Theological Essentials: Core theological issues that have hold particular significance for Christian leadership, including 1) Scripture, 2) Theology proper, 3) Creation & Image of God, 4) Sin, Fall, Depravity, 5) Person & Work of Christ, 6) Salvation & Sanctification, 7) The Church, 8) Person & Work of Spirit, 9) Suffering, 10) Return of Christ & Eternity.
- Length: 10 weeks of class on Wednesday evenings (we may offer this course over a span of two weekends)
- Corresponding Assignments: Read Christian Beliefs by Wayne Grudem & write a two-page paper answering the question, “Why is it important for all leaders within the church, even non-pastors, to be theologically informed?”