Many people and organizations have specialized skills or are positioned in unique ways to accomplish specific tasks that we otherwise couldn’t attempt on our own. Therefore, we have partnered with the following organizations, that together we may see the work of the Gospel, works of mercy and compassion, works of justice, and works of relief happen in the name of Jesus Christ.
COMBINED COMMUNITY SERVICES
Mission: to provide comfort, hope, and resources for neighbors in need through emergency assistance, utility assistance, food pantry, and more; serves as the social arm of the church. Combined Community Services was founded by the Greater Warsaw Ministerial Association to stop duplication of services provided to those in need in Kosciusko County.
Ways to Pray:
- Please that CCS would be able to offer Christ’s hope to families that come in and to provide for their needs, both tangible and spiritual. They are currently seeing over 600 families monthly for food. Pray that they are able to meet the growing need with good, nutritional foods.
- Pray for the staff to remain healthy and focused on God.
- Pray that CCS can fund a box truck to offer services to outlying areas and pick up food donations.
Volunteer Opportunities: help fold and sort donated clothes, sort through food donations, help with outside maintenance and landscaping, provide general cleaning or office assistance, volunteer at a CCS event.
Contact: Lalanya Bruner, 574.269.6019 x30
Mission: to meet the needs of the hurt and broken people in our community and share the love and hope of Jesus Christ by offering individuals a safe and loving shelter that allows them to achieve a better way for themselves and their families.
Ways to Pray:
- Pray that God would provide funds needed to operate their shelter each month.
- Pray for the finical support to provide staff for their facility and care for their residents.
- Pray that the residents find themselves in Christ and they have a renewed spirit and hope to live life the way God wants them to.
Volunteer Opportunities: volunteer to help with overnight coverage and check-in at the shelter, lead a Bible study, lead chapel some nights during the month, lead worship
HEARTLINE PREGNANCY CENTER
Mission: to exhort and assist the Church of Jesus Christ in it’s ministry to individuals in crisis pregnancies, to provide individuals involved in crisis pregnancies with the appropriate support and information, as well as to broaden community awareness of such problems
Ways to Pray:
- Pray the Lord’s continued guidance in the plans to launch the ICU Mobile unit this summer.
- Pray for continued unity among the staff and sensitivity to the Spirit’s leading as they train new team members and prepare for upcoming projects.
- Pray that the Lord would continue to open doors for Heartline to share the hope of Christ with the men and women who come to them.
Volunteer Opportunities: Serve weekly or on an on-call basis with the Rock Solid Men’s Ministry, take a weekly shift in the BABE Boutique or TNT Childcare & Preschool Ministry. RN’s can get involved with their Clinical Services.
Contact: Rebecca Dawson, 574.267.5110 located at 1515 Provident Drive, Suite 180, Warsaw
KOSCIUSKO COUNTY JAIL MINISTRY (KCJM)
Mission: to introduce people whose lives intersect with the county justice system to the person of Jesus Christ, the disciplines of Christian growth lifestyle, and the benefits of abundant life in Christ.
Volunteer Opportunities: pray for the ministry and inmates involved; give finances toward Christian literature, team support, clothes & food for released inmates; minister at the jail through visitation, help with Bible studies, letter writing, mentoring, sharing music, dramas, or testimonies.
Contact: KCJ Chaplain David Goshert, 574-594-5645
RIGHT TO LIFE OF NORTH CENTRAL INDIANA
Mission: to help people understand that all human life is precious, from conception to natural death; to positively champion the protection of all human life through its educational activities
Ways to Pray:
- Pray for the ICU Mobile Unit project (in partnership with Heartline), that God would work in this effort.
- Pray for RTL’s efforts to develop the surrounding counties (they are currently expanding into Whitley, Fulton, Wabash and Grant counties).
- Pray that opportunities for Pro-Life T-Shirt Week (May 5 – 9) would impact students, not just from the pro-life perspective but also from the spiritual perspective that all human life is valuable in God’s eyes.
Mission: to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Volunteer Opportunities: at Christmas time, sign up for a 2-hour time-slot to ring the bell at area Red Kettle locations. Contact them for other service opportunities.
Contact: 574.267.5361, 501 E. Arthur Street, Warsaw, IN 46580
Mission Location: Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
Profile: Dayton is on staff with Campus Outreach, whose mission is to proclaim the good news of Jesus among college students while growing and equipping disciples. Dayton is part of the first team to serve on the Washington University campus in St. Louis.
Mission Location: Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
Profile: Katy is on staff with Campus Outreach, whose mission is to proclaim the good news of Jesus among college students while growing and equipping disciples. Katy is part of the team serving on the Purdue University campus in West Lafayette.