Praise & Prayer
Approaching God’s throne with confidence…
PRAYER MEETING – Plan to join us this Sunday, June 2, at 6:00 p.m. for a prayer time.
EXALTING HIS PERSON
“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” Psalm 46:10
Praise God that He has been providing above and beyond for CCC finances. Praise Him for moving in hearts to be generous in raising over $11,000 at our Mission Art Gala!!
ENGAGING HIS WORD
- Pray for Pastor Larry McCall as he prepares to continue our sermon series in 1 Timothy, “On Guard: Standing Strong in the Gospel,” this Sunday. Pray that the Lord would continue to lead the preaching team as they study His Word in preparation for our new summer series, “Worthy: A Study in the Psalms.”
- Pray for the Life Education classes, that our people would have a heart for learning and would come to treasure Christ more deeply as a result of these classes.
ENCOURAGING HIS PEOPLE
Those suffering affliction:
- Robin Henry (husband Steve, CCC missionaries in Mexico)- Robin just finished a harsher series of chemotherapy for breast cancer and doctors have officially pronounced her “in remission.” Praise the Lord for this gracious answer to prayer! Robin will see her doctor in three months for another scan. Pray that Robin will continue to gain strength and that the effects of the chemotherapy would gradually go away as well.
- Terry Swoverland (wife, Holly) – pray for Terry as he finished up another round of chemotherapy but recently found out that his cancer is growing again in his liver. Doctors don’t believe there is much more they can do besides manage Terry’s pain, and they have given about 6 months to live. Pray for Terry & Holly as they process this news and make decisions about their future, and also pray that the Lord would miraculously heal Terry’s body of this cancer.
- Alice Parker – pray for ongoing health issues for Alice.
- Lillian Ewert (husband, Dave), Barb Settle’s mom – being treated for stage 3 ovarian cancer. Lillian’s doctor has halted her chemo treatments for the time being as she has been experiencing some mini-strokes. Please pray for healing from these strokes and wisdom for future treatment plans.
- Pray for several grieving families in our church who have recently lost loved ones.
Pray that as a church, we would grow in hospitality and grace as we reach out to those who are new to CCC.
Pray for struggling marriages.
Pray for the Restoration Group that meets each Monday evening at 6:30 for honest confession of sin and active faith in God’s power to turn from our sin.
Pray for unemployed and underemployed at CCC. Pray that families will see God meet their needs.
Pray for those from CCC serving in the military: Jason McCoomb (stationed in Greece with the Air Force); Bobby Rex (recently returned home from Afghanistan); Jake Wallin (Air Force in North Dakota); David Liebsch (Army, currently stateside in GA); Will Harrison (Rachel Liebsch Harrison’s husband, serving as chaplain in Army stationed in Colorado Springs); Will Harman (Meghan Shaffer Harman’s husband, Air Force, stationed at Nellis AFB in Nevada); Steve Qualley (Air Force Reserves); Peter Stewart (Donna Stewart’s son, deployed to the Middle East).
Pray for our civil authorities: 1 Timothy 2:1-2 – ” I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone– for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.”
EXTENDING HIS FAME
- Chris Berger- Pray for Chris as he learns the Mixteco language and culture. Pray for opportunities to earn trust, build relationships, and share Christ. Pray specifically for Mario and his dad Emilliano, along with their families, that God would save them. Praise God that Chris is now able to purchase a local radio station broadcasting good Christian programming in the mountains. Pray for Chris and others involved in this ministry, that God would lead them clearly and be proclaimed through this means.
- Omar & Norma Soto- the Sotos are in their second year of ministry training in Cordoba, Mexico. Pray that God would build into them, preparing them for ministry.
- Chris and Evie Jones – Chris and Evie and their team have begun the long process of studying and learning the Pei language, Pefiyahe, in order to begin the translation work for the Pei Bible. Pray for the team as they study and build relationships, that the Lord would grant them sharp minds and tongues to learn quickly.
- Jared and Megan Hood -Pray for the Hoods as they continue to learn Kilangi, the language of the Rangi people, and build relationships in the village. Pray for them also as they have begun teaching in the school there. Pray that God will till the soil in the hearts of the Rangi people even now, preparing them to receive the gospel.
- Jordan and Tirza Cone - Pray for the Cones as Jordan continues to teach at Rain Forest International School with Wycliffe Bible Translators. Jordan recently tore his ACL and will need further surgery. Pray for them as they make plans to return stateside and as Jordan continues to work despite the pain.
- Pleasant View Church – Pray for the believers at Pleasant View Church in S. Whitley as they seek God’s direction for the body. Pray for Josh and Janelle Armstrong as they continue to lead the body.