We are excited for what God has in store for us as we look to the future together! We have shared briefly about some of our hopes and plans, and what we believe God is calling us to as a congregation. But we wanted to share this video about our current “growth budget” to call you to join us in helping make this vision come become reality.
Our Vision: Reaching the Nations and the Generations
In Acts 2:39, the apostle Peter said “the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.” God has been using this passage to stir in us a deep desire to see our church make disciples both of the nations of the world, and the generations among us here locally. Both are near to the heart of God and should be driving aims in our ministry as a church! We want to excel at sending our people with the gospel to “those who are far off” but also at making disciples of the young people coming behind us in our families and community.
Growth Budget: Short-term Local Investments, Long-term Global Aims
For our current fiscal year, to help move us toward greater effectiveness on both of these fronts, we would like to be able to make some strategic investments. We have set a “growth budget” which includes $65,000 worth of purchases that would improve our ability to minister to the generations in the short-term, and solidify our financial base from which to send people to the nations in the future.
During this fiscal year, as those funds come in over and above our base budget, we plan to use them for things like:
- a high-quality seating system for our children’s ministries to use for large group teaching times
- video equipment to record worship services and share clips online and on social media to reach younger generations
- expansion of our swing-set area, and construction of an open-air pavilion nearby with picnic tables, to be used for gatherings of groups and families
- purchasing a van to be used for retreats and service trips, as well as to provide rides to church for those in need of transportation
The fields are ripe for the harvest both here in Kosciusko County and around the world! We look forward to being able to celebrate these investments as a church in the months ahead. And as we see a growing wave of men and women who God is raising up within our church to go to the nations, we are excited to see how God will use our collective generosity to broaden our financial base to send them in the years ahead!
Your Role: Giving Toward Growth
If we are to see this vision become a reality, it will take a collective effort. Of course, if we are to minister increasingly to the nations and the generations, we all must play a part in actually doing ministry–praying, teaching, counseling, evangelizing, inviting, etc. But we also must play a part in funding ministry, by sacrificially giving of the resources God has so kindly given to us. Toward that end, we’d encourage you to:
- Give. If you have not been in the practice of giving financially to the church and our mission, we’d encourage you to make now be the time that you begin. You could play a big role in helping us reach the nations and the generations with the gospel!
- Give consistently. If you have given financially at times, but it’s been intermittent, we’d encourage you to begin making consistent contributions–either monthly or weekly. You could do so by setting up an automatic bill pay with your bank or by setting up a recurring donation through our online donation platform. Your consistency in giving will up us in our planning!
- Give increasingly. If you are already a regular giver, we’d encourage you to make an incremental increase in your giving, perhaps a 10% increase from what you currently give (e.g. if you give $500/month, consider increasing that to $550). If all of our regular givers did this, we’d hit our growth budget! Together, our individual incremental increases could make a massive impact.
- Give cheerfully. No matter what, we all should give gladly. Paul said that “God loves a cheerful giver” (2 Cor. 9:7). As you give toward the mission of our church, you are following in the footsteps of Christ who gave of His riches for our gain (2 Cor. 8:9). And you are getting to be a part of reaching the nations and the generations with the gospel of Christ. What better investment could there be?!
If you’d like to make financial contributions to help us make this a reality, you can give through the more traditional means of placing your gift in the offering plate or the offering boxes at the back of our auditorium each Sunday. Or if you’d like, you can visit ccctransfer.wpengine.com/give and within minutes you can make a one-time donation or set up a recurring gift of any amount.
Thank you for your generous giving–past, present, and future! We love you all and are eager to see how God can use us to reach the nations and the generations together,
Pastors Marc, Larry, Rod, and Tom