You’ve probably heard the same maxim I have that goes something like this: “If you find the perfect church, don’t join it. You’ll ruin it!”
We smile because we know it’s true, at least theoretically, because this side of heaven, no prefect church even exists! Every church has blemishes and wrinkles.
But, the good news is that the Head of our church, Jesus Christ, loves us, His bride, and is committed to washing out our blemishes and ironing out our wrinkles by applying the gospel (Ephesians 5:25-27).
Join Pastor Larry McCall in Acts 6:1-7 as we look at how the Holy Spirit put “bookends” asserting the unstoppable growth of the church right around a passage that deals with a serious church problem. What is the Holy Spirit teaching us in Acts today?
1. What are some common problems that churches in our day face, especially problems that involve tensions between diverse groups in the church?
2. What are some common wrong responses to church problems?
3. How does Christ want churches to respond to problems? How does Christ Himself help solve problems?
4. In Acts 6:1-7, what are the “elders” to focus their time and energy on? How might the church members help in making that happen?
5. What is the primary role of “deacons” in the church? How might church members encourage our CCC deacons in their ministry?