Below are some notes from our this past weekend if you weren’t able to join us:
- Pastor Marc continued our “Soul Winning” series and shared God’s Word with us from Matthew 28:16-20. You can listen to it, or download it, by going here: Soul Winning: Why We Don’t
- Each Sunday, we hand out “Children’s Bulletins” to help kids pay attention and benefit from their time in the worship gatherings. If you’d like to see Sunday’s “Children’s Bulletin” and potentially use it as a way to jog your memory of ways you could follow up with your child about the gathering, you can find it by going here: Children’s Bulletin from 1.12.2020
- LIFE EDUCATION HOUR (9-10 a.m.) | In our Life Education classes, our children and teenagers are working their way through the Gospel Project curriculum.
- This week, they learned about God kept His promise to bring His people home from Ezra.
- Here’s a PDF of the cards that were handed out to children as they left class, which include the Big Idea, Memory Verse, and Big Picture Question and Answer: Captives Came Home Big Picture Card
- WORSHIP SERVICE | During worship service, our 2s-Kindergarten classes are working their way through The Beginner’s Gospel Story Bible.
- This week, they learned from Joshua 6:1-27 about The Walls Fall Down.
- The Key Truth was: “God won the battle for His people.”
- The memory verse was Joshua 1:9 – “This is my command–be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
- The Application Question and Answer were Q) How are God’s people saved from sin? A) Does going to church save you from sin? Will reading your Bible always save you from sin? Will praying save you from sin? No. We cannot do anything to save ourselves. Jesus defeats sin for His people. Only Jesus can save us from sin.