Below are some notes from this weekend if you weren’t able to join us:
- This past Sunday was a historic one for the people of Christ’s Covenant Church. Pastor Marc Goodwin was officially installed as our Lead Pastor.
- Our Sovereign Grace Regional Director joined us for the weekend to give a charge from 2 Timothy 3:16-4:5 to Pastor Marc as he begins this new chapter of ministry here at CCC and Pastor Larry followed with a message from 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13 on we as a church body are to receive and support Marc as our Lead Pastor. You can listen to it, or download it, by going here: Installation Service for Pastor Marc Goodwin.
- Each Sunday, we hand out “Children’s Bulletins” to help kids pay attention and benefit from their time in the worship gatherings. If you’d like to see yesterday’s “Children’s Bulletin” and potentially use it as a way to jog your memory of ways you could follow up with your child about the gathering, you can find it by going here: Children’s Bulletin from 11.04.18
- Our 2-5 year olds classes are working their way through The Beginner’s Gospel Story Bible. This week they learned from Exodus 2:11-4:17 about how A Bush is On Fire But Doesn’t Burn Up. Key Truth – God was with Moses. Memory Verse – He said, “But I will be with you, and this shall be the sign for you, that I have sent you…” (Exodus 3:12) Application Question and Answer: Q: Did you know? A: God gave Moses his Holy Spirit. The Spirit made Moses into a great leader. God promises to give his people the Holy Spirit, too. The Holy Sprit changes God’s people so that they live like Jesus.
- The large group Kindergarten-4th grade class is following along with the current sermon series to learn alongside of those in the worship service, but in ways that are more applicable for their age and learning styles.