Below are some notes from our times together this weekend if you weren’t able to join us:
FAMILY CAMP WISE-UP
- Though weather prevented families from actually being able to camp on-site at the church, lots of people were still able to participate in our event over the weekend. We were able to cook smores, sing songs around the bonfire, bounce in bouncy houses, and more importantly, to learn together from God’s Word about the importance of honoring our parents, and treasuring the Bible.
- Parents were each given a copy of The New City Catechism to use at home with their children!
- We shared this video as a preview of the sermon. People loved it; and you will too:
- Pastor Larry preached from Proverbs 6, calling us to gospel-fueled diligence. You can listen to it, or download it, by going here: Look to the Ant
- Each Sunday, we hand out “Children’s Bulletins” to help kids pay attention and benefit from their time in the worship gatherings. If you’d like to see yesterday’s “Children’s Bulletin” and potentially use it as a way to jog your memory of ways you could follow up with your child about the gathering, you can find it by going here: Children’s Bulletin from 7.23.17
- In our children’s classes, as part of the Gospel Project curriculum, boys and girls learned about how Jesus Provided Bread From Heaven. If you’d like to see a short summary of what was taught, as well as have a simple question or two that you could ask to further process the lesson with your child, check this out: Summary of GP Lesson from 7.23.17
Check back tomorrow for “Food for Thought,” in which we’ll share a handful of articles from around the internet that we’d recommend for you to check out!